Let’s make it clear:
- The CryptoZoo game is not coming!
- The explanation of what happened is not coming!
But what we have here is a (partial) refund announced by Logan Paul on his 𝕏 account on January 5, 2024.
Today, I am incredibly happy to announce that I am delivering on my promise to buy back Base Egg and Base Animal CryptoZoo NFTs for their original purchase price. This buy-back program is being carried out at https://t.co/XIQzLAGKiG. Claims can be submitted through this site… pic.twitter.com/VMPDHvdXkq— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) January 4, 2024
What a way to start the year!
Here’s what you need to know about his tweet and the refund:
- 📣 Logan Paul is buying back Base Egg and Base Animal CryptoZoo NFTs at their original purchase price (0.1 ETH).
- 💰 He’s committing over $2.3 million for this buy-back program.
- ⚖️ Logan Paul has filed a lawsuit in federal court against bad actors involved in CryptoZoo.
- 🚫 The CryptoZoo game will not be released due to regulatory hurdles.
- 🪙 People who bought the ZOO Token will not be refunded.
That’s all we know for now.
For those who have Base Eggs and Base Animals and who want to put this whole story behind them, you can ask for a refund here:
📅 You have until February 8, 2024 to claim the refund.
⚠️ Important: if you accept the refund, you drop the right to any lawsuit against Logan Paul.
Coffeezilla made a new video about the refund.
It’s pretty complete and will tell you everything you need to know about it.
Including what it is (a partial refund in exchange for dropping lawsuits) and what it’s not (a full refund and an apology for handling things too badly).
What do you think about this refund?
Are you happy with it?
Will you do it?
Let us know in the comments.